Personal Challenge Award
This is a great badge to do from home:
The challenges should be things that you find difficult but can overcome with some effort and commitment.
They can be to do with any part of your life, for example home, school or Scouts.
How to earn your badge:
Complete two personal challenges which you and your leader agree on.
You should choose one of the challenges and your leader will choose the other.
The challenges must be different from the ones you did for your Beaver and Cub Personal Challenge Awards.
Here are some example challenges to give you some ideas, but make sure you choose to do something that is personal to you.
- Support a new Scout to complete their Membership Award
- Give up using your mobile or games console for a week
- Take part in an organised walk or run for charity
- Talk about a topic you are interested in in front of your Patrol
- Bring the right equipment to Scouts every week for a term
- Help your younger brother or sister with their school work for a term
- Learn how to communicate in basic sign language
- Do at least an hour of physical activity every day over the summer holidays
- Gain an activity permit
- Do the washing up at home for two weeks
- Plan and run a base or activity at camp
- Organise a small fundraising event for the Group or a local charity
A very popular Leader Challenge is to record and produce a short video explaining and demonstrating what you like most about being a member of 4th Heswall Sea Scout Group. You can do this using your own footage or media found on our website and social media platforms.
Below are some videos our Sea Scouts have produced and submitted.
OSM Badges at Home
You can upload all your pictures, videos and findings to OSM Badges at Home.