Give this badge task a try from home, record your evidence. Let me know how you get on, share it, tag it, show it, send it, and you’ll get the badge.
SKILLS CHALLENGE AWARD BADGE
Everyone has to start somewhere, and practice makes perfect. Hone your skills over a six-week period, and see how quickly you’ll soar!
How to earn your badge:
- Regularly take part in physical activities over a period of four to six weeks.
- Show you understand why eating a sensible diet and getting enough sleep is important.
- Do some research so that you can explain the dangers and harmful effects of smoking, alcohol and drugs.
- Learn and use at least five everyday skills such as:
- Mend or customise something
- Cook a meal
- Fix a puncture
- Wash up, clean and dry
- Use a washing machine
- Change a lightbulb
- Set a heating timer
- Clean a toilet, hob or oven
- Do another similar home skill
Take part in at least three other activities that require a number of problem solving skills.
Save your evidence, photo, video, vlog, journal, interview or adult statement, ask your adult to upload to OSM with a brief explanation of how you achieved the tasks against each tick box for that task.
See the Scouts Website for full criteria.
With your adult’s permission we can then publish your work on our website and social media.
Further details and full badge criteria can be found on the Scouts Skills For Life Website…